This position will serve as the data analysis lead for the City of Austin’s Bloomberg Philanthropies-funded Innovation Team (i-Team). The i-Team is the City of Austin’s incubator for solving complex social problems. Our first year focused on researching and designing solutions for homelessness. See info here.
As the i-Team’s data analysis lead, you will work with a team of designers, researchers, analysts, and city staff to identify gaps and prototype service-oriented solutions for residents at risk of displacement and/or experiencing homelessness. Your work will include data analytics, performance measurement, and data architecture – all in service of sharing information and producing insights for decision makers. You will work with teammates, stakeholders, and community members to quickly generate data and results, and translate them into program and policy recommendations that inform implementation in other city departments.
This position is currently Grant Funded through calendar year 2019.
Applications close November 26, 2018
Commensurate with experience
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated professional experience in data analysis, systems analysis, policy analysis, or related fields
- Experience collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, and communicating both quantitative and qualitative data, including performance measures
- Knowledge of City of Austin, state, and federal statutes, ordinances and codes relevant to social services, housing, planning, and related domains
- Knowledge of methods for research, cost/benefit analysis, statistical analysis, and financial modeling
- Experience in data architecture, including assessing the structure of data systems to share data and information
- Interpersonal skills to engage all stakeholders and facilitate accurate requirements to capture and manage stakeholders’ expectations
- Experience collaborating on multidisciplinary teams; flexibility and openness to adapting data gathering and analysis methods to fit the needs of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to zoom in and out on a project; ability to shift from focusing on small details to understanding large system relations and understanding the relationships between
- Awareness of modern practices for human-centered design
- Ability to professionally and productively respond to unexpected hurdles
- A passion for public service and a commitment to doing the hard work that’s necessary to improve our city services
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a related field
- Three (3) years experience related to the job.
Please submit the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- A work sample or visualization that demonstrates your skill in data analytics or data architecture
Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications. Be sure to include your specific work experience that relates to the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position on your application. Please do not use phrases like “see resume” within your online application. The information provided in your resume must match the information in the job application. Your resume will not substitute for a complete employment application.