Data Analyst at Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Sysco LABS is looking for a Product Data Analyst to work with our analytics, product, research and development teams to form strategies and tactics to optimize our products using quantitative data. You will help find answers to broad questions, identify patterns and trends and assist with making informed decisions to influence product strategy and direction. You will educate people on what data is available to help them ask the most pertinent questions. You will also identify opportunities and raise our organizational competency around data and analytics.
This role is primarily responsible for driving an effective, actionable and accurate view of analytics within our Product organization. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use a combination of exploratory and descriptive analytics to inform product strategy & roadmap
- Understand data infrastructure and coordinate with Data Engineering to deliver data models and structures that meet business demands
- Design relevant data models, including outlining dimensions and measures needed, for answering business questions
- Establish and implement product data standards and best practices in order to optimize the data collection, fidelity and accuracy
- Assist Engineering in deploying and documenting consumer event tagging in all applications
- Develop product measurement plans and dashboards; monitor metrics and KPIs
- Review and interpret feedback via behavioral event tagging and funnel analysis; translate findings into strategic action
- Makes strategic decisions that impact the overall features & functionality of product features and functionality as it relates to data
- Ensure optimization and validation initiatives are implemented, tracked and reviewed post production
- Collaborate with product teams on ad-hoc analyses that uncover root cause of recent business trends - and set the stage for deeper insight going forward
- Shape, explore, and publish data for business analysis or stakeholder initiatives using core BI tools (Tableau, R, and MixPanel)
- Perform ad-hoc analyses that uncover root cause of recent business trends
What you bring to the table:
- Expertise with SQL
- Proficiency with MixPanel or Google Analytics and custom event tracking in relational database environments (sequence segments, events, etc)
- Experience with Digital Marketing Tools (Google Search Console, Adwords, Marin, Google DoubleClick stack, Google Tag Manager, etc…)
- Experience with ecommerce experimental testing and testing platforms (Optimizely, Google Optimize, etc...)
- Proficiency with Python is preferred
- Experience with Python Analytics/Viz packages
- Proficiency with R-Studio
- Experience with Data Mining tools such as RapidMiner, Opera, ProM
Background and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience using data to drive decisions and insights
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Proficiency with clickstream data mining and insight development
- An ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, and communicate expectations
- Ability to work independently to achieve projects and goals with minimal guidance
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and a desire to gain knowledge
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.