Data Center Manager at Ascension
What You Will Do
The Data Center Manager will have experience in data center electrical, mechanical and network system operations and possess knowledge of enterprise data center operations, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems. In addition, the Data Center Manager shall participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion of all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
The Data Center Manager is ultimately responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing operational strategies to ensure data center operations achieve the highest level of availability.
- Scheduling Personnel to provide Maintenance Services sufficient for the Data Center Infrastructure Operations to meet business needs communicated by our client
- Hands-on Data Center experience
- including cooling, power, security systems, maintenance operations, and building management systems.
- Lead a Data Center Services team and collaborate with data center architecture teams responsible for technical engineering, capacity and infrastructure project planning and oversight, including project management, metrics, reporting, technical services, site effort coordination, and long term planning within a region.
- Ensuring all Services are performed in accordance with our policies, including safety requirements;
- Following recognized methodologies in Service/Project Management and Quality including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Project Management Professional (PMP), LEAN/Six Sigma
- Scheduling Maintenance Services necessary to maintain the Facility’s infrastructure systems in accordance with the comprehensive infrastructure maintenance program including, but not limited to 5S (floor and room organization, supplies, and upkeep);
- Ensuring that appropriate teams and personnel are on site at the facility to provide the various types of Services required for data center operations;
- Performing all Services in as efficient a manner as possible while limiting any negative impact to the environment
Desired Work Experience:
- 7+ years of experience desired
- Experience in a customer facing position
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification credentialed from the International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 3 years of experience preferred
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.