At RetailMeNot, we believe that gaining valuable insights using our data is core to our future success. The Data team at RetailMeNot is responsible for developing core datasets and for exposing data services consumed by product, data science and business teams. Daily, we collect approximately a terabyte of analytics events and process hundreds of terabytes of data. Our team works efficiently to deliver new features for real-time and batch processing services. We use primarily AWS cloud services and Kubernetes to build and deploy services quickly, at scale and with no downtime.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years work experience
- You are skilled using Python, Linux, Docker, Git, and Amazon Web Services (or have translatable experience with similar toolsets)
- You have extensive SQL experience on a variety of RDBMS, and enjoy optimizing queries as well as designing efficient data models
- You have developed scalable solutions using both SQL and NoSQL (Hadoop) databases. Working with data sets comprised of millions or billions of records is comfortable
- You strive to identify simple solutions to complex problems, can identify a minimal viable product and enjoy iterative development
- You are able to accurately estimate tasks, identify dependencies and dedicatedly solve problems to ensure commitments are met
- You recognize that your success depends upon enabling your fellow team members to succeed; taking time to help others energizes you
- You enjoy gathering requirements from non-technical coworkers and delivering solutions that meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- You derive satisfaction from enabling the business to succeed and delighting coworkers, not building technology for its own sake
- You have a work ethic that inspires your fellow team members to give their best
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement data system for both real-time and warehouse applications
- Develop ETL processes that ensure data is accurate and available within SLAs
- Enhance data models by developing integrations with business partners
- Seek opportunities for performance improvement and implement optimizations
- Create dashboards that provide insight into the health of data integrations, ETL processes and data sets
WHO WE ARE
- We give our engineers a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have an open environment that encourages people to collaborate and learn from each other
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.