At RetailMeNot, we believe that gaining valuable insights using our data is core to our future success. The Data team at RetailMeNot is responsible for developing core datasets and for exposing data services consumed by product, data science and business teams. Daily, we collect approximately a terabyte of analytics events and process hundreds of terabytes of data. Our team works efficiently to deliver new features for real-time and batch processing services. We use primarily AWS cloud services and Kubernetes to build and deploy services quickly, at scale and with no downtime.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistent standard while building the platform of the future. With this team, your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have 2+ years work experience
- You have experience using Scala, Python (Spark), Linux, Docker, Git, and Amazon Web Services (or have translatable experience with similar toolsets)
- You have SQL experience on a variety of RDBMS, and enjoy optimizing queries as well as designing efficient data models
- You are familiar with one or more cluster-computing frameworks (Spark)
- You strive to identify simple solutions to complex problems, can identify a minimal viable product and enjoy iterative development
- You are able to accurately estimate tasks, identify dependencies and dedicatedly solve problems to ensure commitments are met
- You recognize that your success depends upon enabling your fellow team members to succeed; taking time to help others energizes you
- You enjoy gathering requirements from non-technical coworkers and delivering solutions that meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- You derive satisfaction from enabling the business to succeed and delighting coworkers, not building technology for its own sake
- You have a work ethic that inspires your fellow team members to give their best
What You'll Do
- Implement data system for both real-time and warehouse applications
- Develop ETL processes that ensure data is accurate and available within SLAs
- Enhance data models by developing integrations with business partners
- Seek opportunities for performance improvement and implement optimizations
- Create dashboards that provide insight into the health of data integrations, ETL processes and data sets
Who We Are
- We hire intelligent people and give them the autonomy to be creative, have an impact, and share standard methodologies.
- We have a generous leave policy for new parents and 401k matching.
- We have a thriving Diversity and Inclusion program that gives back to the community and supports multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals throughout the year.
- We serve breakfast Mondays and Fridays, lunch four days a week, provide all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We have a Friday board game happy hour for co-workers to mingle or just relax.
- We provide reimbursements for cell phones and gym memberships.
- We have an outstanding open vacation policy.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.