Data Quality Specialist at Ascension
Data Quality Specialist
What You Will Do
The Data Quality Specialist is responsible for defining data quality metrics and monitoring the
quality of data at Ascension. The Data Quality Specialist will work with the Data Governance
Lead and Data Governance Stewardship Communities to set data standards and ensure that
data is fit for purpose. The Data Quality Specialist also ensures Lead Data Stewards and Data
Owners understand data quality drivers, and work with Data Domain Leaders to execute plans
to improve data quality.
• Defines data quality dimensions and capabilities that will help measure data quality
• Defines and monitors data quality metrics through a data quality scorecard
• Builds data certification framework and processes
• Coordinates with Data Stewards to evangelize the importance of data quality
• Identifies and manages critical data quality issues and risks
• Oversees creation of Data Quality related material for the Data Governance Council
• Facilitates Data Quality related discussions within Data Working Groups
• Works with Data Governance Lead on data quality strategy
• Facilitates reviews of data quality policies, rules, and standards
• Formulates and drives the implementation plans for data quality across domains
• Provides guidance to the business around data quality metrics
• Maintains knowledge of industry standards and trends, and drives application of such
standards within Ascension
• Supports implementation of data qualities tools
• Supports the development of quality and performance metric tracking tools
• Responsible for the definition and monitoring of data quality scorecards and follow up
with Data Domain Leaders
• Develops audit plans and works with Data Domain Leaders and Data Stewards to
execute data quality audits, assess results and development of remediation plans
• Initiate data clean up exercise based on the monitoring of data quality
• Have clear understanding of the relevant functional area(s), the data being managed,
and its implications downstream to other systems, processes, and applications
• Knowledge of the business rules for the relevant functional area(s)
• Use data as a key capability in current role
• Proficient in basic data concepts (management, modeling, curation/wrangling)
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and proactive (takes initiative)
• Ability to analyze complex processes into sub-processes
• Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills as well as presentation skills
• Communicate effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with right
level of detail and cultural sensitivity
Preferred software experience
o Informatica Data Quality
Flexible and open to new ideas with the ability to understand things from corporate, regional and
local perspective while maintaining customer focus. Proven ability to work in an ambiguous
environment; self-motivated to work in an independent and collaborative mode. Ability to build
strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility; strong collaboration
skills. Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take
decisions that have enterprise-wide impact. Effectively influence a team of individuals without
reporting authority to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Data or Healthcare related major
• Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
• General knowledge of Data Quality framework and business rules
• Basic knowledge of backend database configuration and processes
• Previous provider and clinical systems knowledge is preferred, both in the inpatient and
• Proficient to advanced Google Suite skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.
• 4 years of experience preferred.
• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.