Pinpoint is looking to hire multiple Data Scientists, with strong backgrounds in Machine Learning and Statistics, to join our burgeoning Data Science and Analytics team. The primary focus of the position will be working with our large data set of customer activity data across a variety of data sources and developing models and algorithms to better understand how to improve performance, predict improvements and leverage key insights around the data. At Pinpoint we value collaboration between teams so occasionally you may work with our front-end team on how to visualize the data, back-end team on APIs, product teams on how to interpret and find new insights or marketing team to improve the product.
We're looking for someone who can plan ahead and work with minimal oversight when given a set of tasks. We favor flexibility and the ability to learn quickly over having a list of required stack or library experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Social Sciences)
- Strong database knowledge and experience with SQL
- Strong understanding of applied statistics and statistical modeling
- Fluency with statistical scripting languages (R/Python)
- Strong understanding of product and business analytics
- Strong problem solving, process-improvement, and adaptability skills
- Comfortable with iterative and flexible experimentation
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative field
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning techniques and applications
- Experience with machine learning tools (Tensorflow, MXNET, Caffe, H20)
- Exposure to working with Docker, Flask, Plumber, AWS, Apache Kafka
- Experience with consulting, data visualization, and metric development
- Understanding of coding structures and unit testing
If this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. We believe the collective sum of our individual differences, point-of-view, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, background and talent are what helps us achieve our vision.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Pinpoint conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pinpoint participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description