Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the leading software solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality, and recently closing a $35M series B investment round, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something, and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the supply chain world.
Data Scientists at Shipwell proactively design and deploy analytics features on our state-of-the-art platform. This involves dynamically collaborating with operations and product teams to discover product improvement opportunities and to proactively drive features through development to adoption. The mission is to underpin operational decisions made at each stage of the supply chain with data-driven insights.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Analyze client proprietary and public domain datasets leveraging advanced analytics and statistics to work on scheduling and network optimization, macroeconomic forecasting, pricing, routing, and resource matching
- Source, clean, and process a diverse set of data streams
- Identify and understand business needs and contextualize analysis results to drive impact for the organization as a whole
- Dynamically collaborate with operations and product teams to discover product improvement opportunities, develop data-driven solutions, and distill algorithm performance into trackable business impact
- Provide consulting services on both internal and external analytic questions
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BS / MS / PhD in data science, operations research, statistics, mathematics, physical science, computer science, engineering, or other technical discipline
- 2 - 7+ years of applied work experience, preferably in a non-academic setting
- Expert knowledge in a mathematical programming language, preferably Python, MATLAB, R
- Experience designing and implementing supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
- Ability to communicate complex findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner as well as an ability to translate high-level ideas into well-defined problems
- Competency with ETL processes for manipulating data sets
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Proficiency using a visualization platform (e.g. Tableau, Looker) and manipulating databases (e.g. SQL) is a plus
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at http://www.shipwell.com/careers
We've announced our $35M Series B financing round! Read more https://shipwell.com/series-b.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.