Dosh is revolutionizing the way the world does cash back. We are the fastest growing app that finds cash for consumers and helps businesses acquire and retain customers. Dosh subscribers (Doshers) get cash back for traveling, shopping, and dining out at thousands of merchants nationwide. Using breakthrough technology to eliminate wasted advertising spend, Dosh puts that money back into the pockets of consumers and businesses.
We’re a two-sided marketplace offering merchants/brands an online-to-offline performance based advertising solution through card-linked offers. For our Doshers, we are providing a completely frictionless way to get cash back. No cutting coupons. No scanning receipts. No hassle. Just cold, hard cash. Doshers can then transfer the cash directly into a bank account, PayPal, Venmo, or donate to a charity conveniently through our app! Our product is disrupting the trillion dollar advertising industry by connecting merchants directly with their consumers.
As a Data Scientist at Dosh, your role is to follow the data and the money: analyze, visualize, and model related data, and build systems to predict and recommend where money will best go next. You will build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions.
We are building a team of statisticians, scientists, machine learning experts, and engineers to extract business insights from our rich data and to craft products to use those insights to give our Doshers and merchants increased value. If you are someone who has a passion for building and improving internet-scale products informed by data, can chase down threads of ideas in data, and knows a thing or two about human behavior, then we want you to join us.
What you will bring:
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, and Mathematics or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of recent professional industry experience in data science and/or software engineering
- Proficiency in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Passion to answer Product and Engineering questions with data
- Strong ability to code in SQL, Python and/or R
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- Are proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark, Graph DBs
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, Redshift
- Can deploy data science solutions: Python, Java, C++
- Can operate in the cloud
- Have experience with Apache Airflow or similar data workflow scheduler
- Know when Deep Learning is useful and know when a simple regression is all it will take
- Communicates concisely and persuasively with engineers, product managers and non-technical business stakeholders
- The opportunity to join us on our mission to positively impact millions of people's lives financially
- A ground floor opportunity with the Dosh team
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Fun, driven, innovative and supportive co-workers who will push you to be your best
- Competitive compensation and benefits
At Dosh, we celebrate and support all differences. Dosh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability & veteran status.