Data Scientist at Arrive Logistics
In this role, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify analytical and reporting needs and document requirements.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering departments to support the company's technology roadmap.
- Identify patterns in large data sets and develop machine learning and statistical models to automate everyday decision-making.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle data for use in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling.
- Support the design and development of new data structures to facilitate reporting and analytical capabilities.
- Visualize and communicate results to key business stakeholders based on analysis.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for analysis as needed.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends and conduct product evaluations.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, or Information Management.
- Experience delivering BI and analytics solutions that involve statistical modeling and machine learning programs such as R and Python.
- Expert with Excel, SQL, SSRS, and Power BI or other data visualization tools.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Bonus points if the candidate has:
- Experience operating within an Agile PM environment.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry a major plus.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean business intelligence team.
- Work in the heart of downtown Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive salary.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays...lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out in our on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!