Database Developer– Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com
What we are looking for:
As our Database Developer you will use your broad skill set and passion for data to architect, design and develop data platforms which will provide property level data and analytics for each property within our nationwide portfolio. We are looking for a database developer with experience in the Microsoft full stack on SQL Server (2014/2016) to support and grow our core datawarehouse processing across the enterprise and help solve data problems. In addition to designing and building data systems you will also be responsible for ETL and data processing systems that provide data and tools that allow our executives to understand the data and make critical future business decisions. This position will require oncall rotational support including nights and weekends.
A little more about this role:
- Design, modify, and implement core tooling to support the data warehouse and ETL processing
- Define standards & governance surrounding the use of our core datawarehouse system tools
- Ability to multi-task between multiple ETL partner/vendor integration projects
- Design and build data structures and processes to populate data warehouse systems using knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Recommend and implement alterations and improvements to back end ETL applications and APIs to improve stability, security and performance
- Create unit tests, validation procedures, and document technical specifications
- Troubleshoot data/system issues as required
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server (SQL Server 2012/2016) and TSQL
- Solve complex requirements using advanced level SQL techniques such as window functions, CTEs, cross apply, etc.
- Experience designing and building logical data models, and working with large datasets on a relational database system
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency in the following languages: C# and/or Java
- Exposure to building service-oriented applications using C# and WebAPIs
- Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Additional Skills and Experience: (Preferred, but Not Required)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Experience with Hadoop on Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Experience in financial industry is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts: Securities, Capital Markets, Real Estate Assets etc. is desirable.
- Messaging technologies such as Rabbit MQ, Solace, Tibco
- Financial Analytics Data Providers: Bloomberg BPipe, YieldBook, Intex, Corelogic
- Experience with Agile Methodology and JIRA
- Experience with version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or Git) and build tools
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.