Blackbaud is seeking a Database Developer for our Enterprise Professional Services organization. The role will involve working directly with clients as they deploy and use Blackbaud’s software suite. This individual will be responsible for integrating data between Blackbaud’s applications and the client’s back-end systems and advising clients on issues of integration, data quality, and data management.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years experience in the field of data integration, have expertise using industry ETL tools, have strong client communication skills, and be passionate about customer satisfaction and success. The individual should also thrive in a fast-paced environment, readily take ownership of projects and tasks and have outstanding client communication skills.
- Provide leadership in the area of data management best practices and solutions architecture.
- Design, develop, and implement data integration solutions for clients who are using our Luminate Online product.
- Ensure integrity of data through analysis, coding, testing, and problem resolution.
- Develop and support tools to optimize software development and implementation processes.
- Take active ownership of project and product quality.
- Discover and correct defects and identify enhancements to Blackbaud projects or products as appropriate.
- Be able to work together with a project manager to set schedules, identify milestones, and track deliverables and quality.
- Provide regular updates of progress towards schedules, milestones.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or related work experience equivalent to a four-year college degree program.
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Databases, including SQL and relational concepts
- Scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, Java, PHP)
- Working knowledge of:
- Industry ETL tools (e.g., SSIS, Actian (fka Pervasive), Pentaho, SnapLogic, Talend)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time and reprioritize tasks as necessary.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn new concepts and processes quickly.
- Ability to work effectively as part of team.