Director Healthcare Economics and Trend Analytics at Ascension
The Director of Healthcare Economics and Trend Analytics will support Ascension’s Commercial (Self-Employed, ACA) and Medicare (MSSP ACO, Medicare Advantage) blocks of business.
- This position will manage teams that extract, analyze, and interpret Healthcare data to uncover trends and assist in managing and understanding the populations Medical and Pharmacy Costs. The role offers a unique blend of support for Internal teams such as Actuarial and Finance, as well as customer-facing teams, such as Sales and Account Management.
- The Director will design, develop, and support the creation of management presentations and support their teams with their interpretation of data, identification of best sources, and drawing conclusions.
- Identifies potential areas for medical and pharmacy cost improvements, alternative pricing strategies, and network models to drive contractual performance.
- While it’s ideal for the individual to live in one of Ascension’s analytics hubs (Austin, St Louis or Chicago) the ideal candidate would have the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
What You Will Do
- Coach and teach others key analytics tools, best practices, and story development.
- Present analytical results internally and externally for all populations outlined.
- Act as a Company thought leader
- Act as a Functional SME
- Execute and develop strategies that impact the businesses approach to population health and contract performance
- Act as a resource to senior leadership
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Bring innovative ideas and solutions to business problems
- Remain curious, passionate about learning, and a proactive problem solver
- Preference given to candidates with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD.), advanced analytic skills (Phython, R), experience in large insurance companies, and those knowledgeable of Google Cloud architecture and tools, and Optum applications.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.