eDiscovery Data Operations Manager
DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born out of the firm’s frustration with conventional eDiscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods to technology, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing eDiscovery solution in North America.
As the leading provider of software as a service solution developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than 400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
- Responsible for managing the data operations team, and establishing clear expectations for the team.
- Design and enforce effective quality control measures to ensure the quality and scalability of Data Operations
- Collaborate cross-functionally within and across the various internal functions to address client concerns and barriers.
- Ensure that staffing schedules and utilization are appropriate for the expected volume of work and shift coverage
- Escalate and resolve issues in a timely manner, ensure appropriate follow up communication occurs and that preventive measures are implemented to avoid recurrence of those issues
- Work with engineering, project managers and other groups within DISCO to resolve technical problems and/or client concerns
- Strong team management and operations background with at least 5 years of eDiscovery or litigation support experience
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in written format to team members and technical/non-technical individuals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work effectively under pressure in time-sensitive situations, and prioritize multiple projects with similar deadlines
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
Why join us?
Disco is the world’s leading legal technology company.
Our offerings help great lawyers improve legal outcomes for their clients. Our goal is to automate away all the parts of the practice of law that don’t require human legal judgment so that great lawyers can focus on doing what it is they went to law school to do. Our technology is used by corporate legal departments in every major vertical, from financial services to pharmaceuticals, to aerospace, to technology, and by most leading law firms in the United States.
Disco was founded in 2013 and is one of the fastest-growing enterprise startups in the United States. We have offices in Austin and London and a sales and services presence in most major U.S. cities. We have more than doubled in size each year since founding and have raised money from leading venture capitalists, including LiveOak Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the Stephens Group. We expect to continue on our trajectory of hyper-growth in 2019 and 2020, including opening offices in Asia, Europe, and Latin America to better serve our multinational clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description