eDiscovery Data Operations and Processing
We seek a customer-focused individual with a strong eDiscovery data processing skills to join DISCO’s growing Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review in DISCO, provide assistance to end users throughout the legal discovery process, troubleshoot technical issues, and guide customers to use the DISCO platform optimally. You will also provide critical technical input to the Engineering team to diagnose and address platform issues and prioritize enhancements to the product.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines.
- Work at an exciting and rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company with a unique platform in the Legal industry.
- We use the latest customer service systems and workplace collaboration tools.
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment.
- Many high-profile clients offer a rewarding challenge for people who love to make clients happy.
- Coordinates the processing, loading and exporting of data to and from DISCO matters.
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues encountered while working with load files, image files, and native files.
- Ability to work with E-Discovery vendors for such tasks as data collection and data processing; particularly the ability to review work performed, identify problems and work toward resolutions.
- Facilitates the administration and tracking of client data and performs periodic audits of same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies.
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO.
- Analyzes and remediates systems or network problems related to DISCO.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities under stressful circumstances.
- Proactively contributes to improvements in documentation and our product.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitors open tickets, contact customers and provide updates on a timely basis.
- Advises DISCO customers on how to best leverage the tool. This will involve the ability to analyze the client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary.
- Contributes to DISCO's mission to consistently improve its image both internally and externally.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of the eDiscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including, without limitation, data processing, data de-duplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across eDiscovery platforms.
- Knowledge of SQL, scripting, and basic programming
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of effective electronic production.
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical to non-technical audiences on the life-cycle of litigation information.
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with an initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions.
- Ability to handle high-stress situations and deal successfully with conflict.
- Ability to accurately determine the client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients.
- Attention to detail, strong organization and client-service orientation skills.
- Candidates must be flexible to work one of the following shifts: M - F 12 pm to 8 pm / M - F 2 pm to 10 pm / M - F 4 pm to 12 am
Required Experience / Educations:
- Bachelor's Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with legal technologies, Prior E-Discovery vendor experience a plus.
At this time DISCO cannot consider any candidates for this position who currently require, or who will in the future require sponsorship, due to the nature of sensitive information available in this role.
Disco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Disco will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description