Education Research Analyst at Skills Fund
Skills Fund is on a mission to transform student lives and careers by providing access to tech bootcamps and skills training programs. We partner with schools that meet our high-quality standards and offer simple, transparent tuition financing to their students. With our school partners, we’ve helped more than 10,000 students access life-changing programs and raised the bar for education quality and outcomes.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for someone passionate about changing education. We believe schools should be in the business of creating growth and opportunity for students, which is why we only partner with schools that put a priority on Return on Education (ROE).
The Education Research Analyst plays a key role in our evaluation of school quality and program outcomes. Duties of the position include:
- Research school and program quality, utilizing data from by schools, peer institutions, internal loan performance, state regulatory information, and other private and publicly available data, to vet schools quality against our quality assurance standards.
- Manage quality and outcomes data including coordinating internal data requests with other teams, maintaining and updating the school and program quality assurance and outcomes databases, and gathering information from schools in a systematic way.
- Create clear, concise, and compelling presentations, which utilize significant amounts of data presented in charts and graphs, about school quality.
- Manage inbound and outbound communications with current and potential partners related to quality assurance matters. Provide timely responses and maintain positive relationship with all partners.
- Collaborate with aligned quality assurance organizations and regulators.
What does it take to succeed?
- Love and excel at research – tracking down information from multiple sources (not just online search but placing phone calls and schmoozing effectively as need to get data, reports, and other information); persistence and curiosity are a must.
- Natural logical and analytical thinker who is comfortable working with existing data and seeking and integrating new data; advanced proficiency at Excel preferred.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail, to keep track of both qualitative and quantitative information about dozens of schools and hundreds of programs.
- Strong conceptual problem-solving skills, ability to boil down information to its essence and effectively communicate that in writing, in PowerPoint presentations, and verbally in meetings.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to pleasantly and effectively collaborate and coordinate among multiple team members involved in quality assurance as well school officials.