Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our Engineering team makes high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing Data Science team. This person will work closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to integrate models with the rest of our engineering services. They will improve the team’s velocity by building tools and procedures to make data scientists more efficient.
- Understand steps data scientists follow and build tools to support those steps
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to build systems that will deliver data science solutions to the rest of the engineering organization
- Develop internal Data team tools to maintain regular dataset creation, model training and deployment
- Build robust monitoring and alerting systems around the data tools we use in order to ensure stability
- Identify potential projects that can help the team and organization work more efficiently together
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years as a Staff Software Engineer or comparable experience
- Experience with Python and cloud deployments
- Ability to operate with minimal direction to drive large-scale initiatives
- Can expertly design efficient, clear, robust, maintainable, and scalable domain-level solutions
- Ability to analyze new technologies and their impact when incorporating them into a system
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus
- Experience with technology of AWS, Airflow, Docker & Jenkins
- Has collaborated with data science teams in the past
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description