Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
The data science team at Cart.com is a centralized team that reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all things data, analytics, and ML /AI of Cart.com. The Data Science department consists of Cloud Architects, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, ML Engineers, and Data Viz specialists. This role sits on the Data Science Solutions team where you will provide service-based technology solutions & analytics to client’s problems. Additionally you’ll partner with cross-functional teams to turn service-based offerings into product-based solutions. It is our team's mission to disrupt longstanding players in the value chain of eCommerce by designing a distributed network of capabilities that are 10x cheaper, 10x more convenient, and 10x better.
We're seeking an experienced MarTech Manager to join our fast-paced, groundbreaking Data Science Team that supports our Marketing as a Service department. A technical expert in Web Analytics, having background with marketing concepts, website analysis and optimization.
The manager will create end-to-end tracking solutions that will enable the media teams to execute, monitor and evaluate campaigns in a strategic and efficient manner. The successful candidate will have a clear perspective on how to implement a tracking solution to ensure all digital activity is measured accurately across various platforms. This role will also involve partnering up with a marketing engineer to handle all integrations with partners and 3rd party vendors.
The responsibilities for the position include the administration, analysis, design, development, user support and maintenance of all Google Analytics, GTM, & Pixel technologies to assist us & our clients with results of website analytics.
- Work closely with internal teams and partners to define, develop and deploy tracking and measurement implementation techniques for digital marketing and paid media campaigns
- Develop strategic partnerships with digital analytics agencies to scale your workload while finding DTC lead generation opportunities for Cart.com – Potential to build an entire expertise within Cart.com if executed well.
- Govern and define process for access & use off marketing technology tools.
- Own tracking and attribution, including proper instrumentation of client- and server-side events, detection of fraud, and data ingestion
- Own third-party tagging, including requirements, publishing process, data accuracy, and site security. (Tag Management Ownership: GTM, Adobe Launch, DTM, Telium & Digital Analytics: GA & Adobe)
- Conduct thorough and rigorous testing and validation of data.
- Occasionally develop data pipelines with marketing engineer to ensure a single source of truth for our reporting and business intelligence needs.
- Evaluate attribution models, audit touch point data across offline, online, web and mobile app campaigns for acquisition and engagement channels. Evaluate internal vs external multi-touch attribution tools.
- Responsible for data quality of Google Analytics. Establish benchmark and troubleshoot implementation issues. Experience with Firebase is a plus.
- Develop and socialize information around MarTech ecosystem changes and possible risks and impact on ad performance. (e.g. iOS14 impact on Ad Performance, Ad channel and MMP updates needed due to product changes)
- Evaluate alternative solutions to assuage marketing tech risk and drive the final implementation by collaborating with Engineering, Marketing and Product (Server Side Tracking a Plus)
- Ensure media campaigns have conversion events setup and tracking properly – learn where to access this information directly in media tools by partnering with media leads.
- Writing/modifying Java code and liaising with web developers on implementation of the Java code
- Stay current on latest tracking technologies
- QA/Testing various developed web sites for correct code implementation and advising the developers on improvements
- Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations.
- Occasionally setup reporting dashboards per business requirements relevant to digital analytics and site health.
- Be cognizant of the rollout of product releases on your client’s websites as that has the potential to break tracking
- 4+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge of the current solutions in the MarTech ecosystem with ability to think creatively to implement solutions at a growing company
- 3+ years developing tag management solutions (Google Tag Manager preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with Google Analytics &/or Adobe Analytics
- 1+ years front-end web or analytics development experience is a plus
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills, CSS and HTML proficient
- Experience with the major foundational ad and reporting platforms including Facebook Ads Manager, GA360, Google Campaign Manager, Google Firebase, Snapchat Manager, Apple Search Ads. Knowledgeable in MMP’s and Product Marketing Tools
- An understanding of Partner APIs and SDKs: Facebook, Google, Apple Search preferred
- Ability to thrive in a constantly innovating and changing environment.
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.