Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Cost Analyst to our team. The ideal candidate for this role will provide continued analyses for design, development, production, test, and evaluation costing activities across all Cesium products and contracts. This will include compiling and analyzing transactions, materials, labor, and overhead information to be used in a given contract, or proposal; program planning and control as well as annual expenditure budgets for bid and proposal efforts; internal R&D and capital expenditures will also be part of the day to day responsibilities.
In this position, you will establish processes that enable Cesium’s rapid growth while maintaining cost efficiency. Your work will also include evaluation of the corporate expense management process, including financial analysis for the renewal of existing customer contracts and new customer contract pricing and contract development. You will be highly involved in financial processes such as forecast variance analysis, competitor benchmarking, and the establishment and monitoring of corporate performance indicators. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally and collaborate across the organization.
If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about business transformation, we would like to hear from you.
- Help architect and develop a warehouse for key corporate financial data
- Evaluate reporting tools and cost analysis of all products and cost association
- Maintain subject matter expertise in all products and competition associated with each department
- Develop KPI reporting for use by executive management and key business functions (Business Development, Sales/Support, Finance/Accounting, HR, etc.)
- Performs financial analyses related to the initial contract creation of key accounts in regard to pricing, terms, and cost margin
- Support the company's current data and cost modeling efforts while assisting in future cost data collection, regulation, conservation, and analysis
- Develop and execute company-specific cost estimating and cost metrics
- Develop custom ERP reports as required by the business functions
- Interpret financial data and recommend primary areas for meaningful improvement
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Database and SQL experience; strong Excel skills
- 2+ years of experience working in a Finance or Contracts Cost Analysis function
- Experience interfacing with ERP (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, etc.) and other corporate systems
- Knowledge of BI and reporting systems
- Strong understanding of data and ETL architectures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills, with the ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience creating financial models for ROI analysis and business forecasting
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company
- Experience summarizing key findings and presenting the same to executive leadership
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.