Come join one of the most talented and fastest growing DBA teams in Austin where there is no end to the learning opportunities available to you. As the architect of the SQL Server platform you will be responsible and comfortable driving the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our customer facing applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In this role you will be the face and advocate for SQL server at Q2 and helping the organization mature its best practices when dealing with SQL databases. The ability to troubleshoot and solve advanced SQL performance issues, automate complex tasks, and write custom solutions to problems will be critical to the success of this role.
- Help establish standards and practices to configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Help us onboard and operationalize new businesses brought on by acquisition in order to bring them up to our standard and ensure that they can scale.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Identify new opportunities and help refine automation of regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Work in an Agile Scrum model.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Expert in troubleshooting performance issues.
- Join the on call rotation with other DBAs.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 15+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Expert T-SQL and scripting skills.
- Expert knowledge of Query Optimizer and query performance tuning
- Knowledge of SQL Server Internals, wait types, scheduling, etc.
- Expert knowledge of query parallelism and worker thread utilization
- Expert knowledge of AlwaysOn.
- Expert knowledge in Windows Clustering
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently is critical.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Postgres and MySQL experience a plus
- .NET or other object oriented development experience a big plus.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.