Purchasing Specialist at Literati
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to ignite the love of learning and the love of life by curating transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is the fastest growing company in Arts + Literature in the United States, and the #5 fastest growing company in Texas. Launching an innovative try-before-you-buy print book club for Kids in 2017, the company expanded in 2020 into hosting print and digital book clubs for the world's top authors, celebrities and brands. Clients include: Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Curry, Malala, Susan Orlean, Jesmyn Ward, Cheryl Strayed, Elin Hilderbrand, Roxane Gay, and Austin Kleon. Lovingly referred to as Austin's "fiction factory" the company curates and fulfills over a million books per quarter.Job Description
As a Purchasing Specialist focused on the efficiency and transparency of our supply chain, you will play a crucial role in managing/issuing purchase orders, scheduling deliveries and managing the delivery calendar, ensuring timelines are maintained of expected orders, data upload and maintenance across several crucial documents, and invoice discrepancy management in collaboration with finance and external publisher teams.Qualifications
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Data management, organization, and transparency to department stakeholders
- Communication internally and externally to publishers
- Ability to manage ahead and proactively ensure visibility/timeliness of shipments
- Diligent follow-ups and project management
- Attention to detail
- Working efficiently in ambiguous environments that are constantly evolving
- Operate under pressure for tight turnaround and deadlines
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1+ Years experience in a purchasing/supply planning role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher - ideally focused on manufacturing, supply chain, and/or business administration
- Moderate excel skills and experience to manage several documents and/or create solutions
- Basic Cost/Data Analysis skills to make appropriate buying decisions
- 1+ Years experience managing relationships with vendors externally
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Managing a stream of deliveries to ensure expectations are met or issues are communicated to the purchasing team immediately
- Management and flow of our delivery appointment calendar for ease of receiving at the operations level
- Operating, maintaining, and reporting several crucial documents driving buying forecasts and inventory management across both Luminary and Kids product lines
- Maintaining the invoice discrepancy process/resolution to ensure these are accurate to purchase orders along stakeholders of our internal finance teams and publisher contacts
In addition to the typical day-to-day, we expect many ad hoc projects to come our way including collaborating with products for cover image and book detail population, managing sample delivery to Luminary and Kids curation stakeholders, fulfillment document preparation, and more.Additional Information
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.