Sales Intake Business Analyst at Blackbaud
The Sales Intake Business Analyst is a member of the BizDev (Business Development) team which is part of the Cutomer Operations organizations within Blackbaud. BizDev is accountable for the intake of solution opportunities for prospects and clients originating from Blackbaud’s sales teams, Employee Sales Leads (ESLs), and internal initiatives. BizDev drives adoption of the best patterns and practices for assisting with sales of services for all Vertical teams and Blackbaud solution offerings.
The Sales Intake Business Analyst is a customer-facing position that works with Sales Representatives and Solutions Engineers after a solution is proposed to a customer. The Business Analyst confirms and estimates the level of effort required to implement the proposed solution and presents the Rough Order of Magnitude with assumptions to the customer. This person understands business needs and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The Business Analyst is the liaison between Sales and Services and is accountable for ensuring the Statement of Work is prepared and accurately represents delivery of the proposed solution.
Working closely with sales leadership, the BizDev Sales Intake team monitors sales activities and pipeline from initiation through close. BizDev confirms and ensures that custom solutions presented to the customer can be successfully delivered within the hours estimates and Statements of Work (SOWs) provided to the customer by BizDev.
The primary responsibilities of the Business Analyst are to confirm proposed solutions and provide estimates for services that support our customer’s experience and success. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing a daily queue of Operations Requests for proposals and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Being a trusted advisor to our customers through communication for solution discovery and confirmation and transition to services delivery teams and Customer Success
- Guiding Sales Reps on expectation-setting with customers for project start and completion dates
- Ensuring Services resources have been engaged at the appropriate time in the sales cycle to properly estimate and confirm the solution and that Services is held accountable to deliverables/due dates in support of Sales
We're looking for someone with:
- Expertise in Blackbaud digital products, such as Blackbaud NetCommunity, Luminate Online and/or Blackbaud Website Package with a preference for specific implementation or configuration experience with those products
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or the social good community
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Sales experience and knowledge of working with and/or writing contractual documents preferred