Senior Analyst, Sustainability at Whole Foods Market
- Provide depth of knowledge, support and recommendation for numerous sustainability, CSR, and climate initiatives.
- Produce strategic assessments to support development of climate and sustainability practices for Whole Foods Market and Amazon (as required).
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful sustainability programs and strategies.
- Baseline Whole Foods Market’s carbon emissions, including Scope 1-3.
- Work with the greater Sustainability and QS team to support the development of climate, carbon and water & land stewardship policies.
- Partner with internal business leads to research and inform key policy issues related to Whole Foods Market’s sustainability initiatives.
- Build strong, strategic relationships with internal and external business partners, organizations, and NGO’s for maximum impact on sustainability and climate issues affecting the industry.
- Ensure that packages/components meet the needs of the WFM brand, regulatory, environmental legislation, and consumer safety
- Help develop and support new strategies to promote Circular Economy within and beyond Whole Foods Market four walls.
- A four-year degree in a related discipline or applicable work experience.
- 4 to 6 years experience in corporate sustainability, preferably in the food and/or retail space or comparable organization, such as an NGO.
- Experience with measuring and tracking climate impact, carbon, and Scope 1-3 emissions.
- Possesses functional analytics capabilities sufficient to build the reporting capability needed for CSR at Whole Foods Market and Amazon.
- Deep understanding of various environmental and social responsibility issues, including responsible sourcing, climate change, food waste, sustainable packaging, recycling, and carbon emissions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of executable and measurable business programs specific to corporate social responsibility.
- Experience working with Science Based Targets Initiative, the Paris Agreement and/or the Climate Pledge strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive as an independent contributor.
- Able to effectively educate, mentor and consciously lead others.
- Solid understanding and passion for natural and organic products as well as Whole Foods Market Core Values and Quality Standards.
- Partner with Compliance and Legal Teams to ensure compliance to relevant sustainability regulations and standards.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse business partners, including company leadership, merchandisers, marketers, suppliers, certification bodies, NGOs, and governmental entities.
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Resourceful self-starter, team player, creative thinker with a win-win-win, solutions-based approach.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively develop and deliver a range of communications, from emails to presentations, for a broad range of audiences.
- Positive, flexible attitude.
- This position is based at the Whole Foods Market Global Headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
The successful candidate will embody Whole Foods Market Leadership Principles and be especially proficient in the following areas:
- Customer Obsession
- Purpose Driven
- Long Term Thinking
- Seeking Win-Win Strategies/Solutions
- Passion for Creativity, Innovation, and Invention
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.