Senior Compensation & Data Analyst at DO NOT USE - Amherst (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:15 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 24, 2019
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Senior Compensation & Data Analyst – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst sponsors and develops companies that help institutional investors underwrite and manage their U.S. real estate investments with holdings in asset management, investment banking, loan origination, technology, and single-family residential. We seek a talented, resourceful and experienced compensation analyst with strong data and reporting skills to work closely with the Director of Total Rewards in developing and maintaining the rewards infrastructure to support our highly successful, fast-paced and rapidly growing businesses.
You will be comfortable interacting with external consultants and liaising closely with leaders and employees across finance, property management, & technology disciplines, and also be prepared to get your hands dirty. This is a unique opportunity to be a key contributor as we build out our HR shared services structure, while continuing your own career journey, through implementing programs that have a significant impact on the employee experience at Amherst. We offer a high energy and collaborative environment with great benefits.
- Participation in compensation surveys (benchmark, input, and evaluation of results).
- Support annual global salary structure design and ad hoc market pricing efforts
- Contribute to the design and manage the administration of the annual bonus plan
- Assist in developing the annual salary planning and promotion process and manage execution working closely with business partners and clients
- Partner with payroll on merit and bonus payment processing
- Support HR and managers researching internal client issues (market competitiveness, pay analysis, etc.) and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Work on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and incentive compensation design and analysis as requested
- Develop reporting and analytics that provide insights to the executive team and managers on motivating and retaining a high caliber employee population.
Note: Data analysis may relate to any HR function and is not limited to the Rewards arena.
Benchmarking survey submissions (e.g. McLagan in May 2019). Utilization of surveys to develop and maintain a market competitive compensation structure for all Amherst businesses
- Work with leaders across Amherst to align all jobs into a cohesive structure, ensuring level consistency across departments
- Participate in scoping, selecting and implementing a compensation system
- Assess jobs and implement changes as required to comply with expected upcoming FLSA changes
Expertise and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources or related field.
- 5 years of Compensation or related business experience. Sales compensation experience desired. Experience in high tech software companies a plus. Experience with Inside Sales teams a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required.
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Excellent aptitude in Excel and HRIS systems
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple requests.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
At Amherst, we understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. We are working together to meet the challenges associated with working in the world’s largest and most complex debt market, and in creating and incubating new business opportunities to enhance the Amherst portfolio. That’s why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team focused on being a world-class leader in developing analytical tools and advisory services to drive better investment decisions.
Our businesses encompass asset management, investment banking, loan origination, technology, and single-family residential. The Amherst Residential platform manages multiple pools of capital that invest in single-family rental homes and, since its creation in 2012, has raised more than $6 billion of debt and equity capital. To manage its portfolio of single-family homes and support its development and sale activities, Amherst founded Main Street Renewal, an internally managed, vertically integrated property acquisition, repair, and management business. Bungalo Headquartered in Austin, TX we have 900 employees across the U.S, including Austin, NYC, and 25+ regional offices and call centers.
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description