Senior Data Analyst at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As our Senior Data Analyst, you will leverage data from a variety of disparate sources to deliver actionable insight for business decision making and monitoring. You will be the primary lead on data governance efforts which includes resolving data issues, remediation reporting, ensuring the right data infrastructure exists for reporting, QAing changes made to databases/tools, and promoting a standardized way in which we report out on key metrics across the marketing organization to ensure reporting consistency.
This position will collaborate with teams across the organization and with associates of all levels, to support the insights agendas and reporting/analysis business needs.
Aceable is a mobile education platform focused on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, the Aceable team adds hundreds of thousands of students per month, and touts more than 20 million students served. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TEAM
At Aceable, you will have the opportunity to join a passionate, bright, and driven team that is spearheading data and business intelligence as a core competitive advantage for our business. We value professionals who are curious, organized, motivated, and a strong desire to continue to improve. Our goal is to not only grow the business but help each other develop personally and professionally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop quantitative analyses, build dashboards, and support both recurring and ad hoc reporting to provide insight into business performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work across multiple data sets to map traffic data, marketing data, transactional data, and any 3rd party data to create a single view of the customer
- Analyze user behavior across various segment dimensions to answer business questions and provide data driven recommendations for strategy optimization
- Maintain and enhance weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports used to measure the effectiveness/health of marketing channels
- Maintain the accuracy/integrity of data across multiple technologies and tools, and promote database health through validation, testing, and routine audits
- Lead the effort to implement exception reporting that proactively identifies behavior outside the acceptable variance, and partner with data engineering to resolve data issues
- Provide regular training to partners on tools, systems, processes, and dashboards to ensure they understand the data, reports, and tools available to them and identify areas of deficiency and develop appropriate training content accordingly
- Lead the effort to create and own data documentation (data collection, data processes, structure and organization of data, key metric definitions) to promote reporting consistency and ensure our data and data models can be understood across functions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence
- Excellent technical skills, including experience with modern programming language (i.e. Python, SQL), statistical processing language (i.e. R), and big data visualization (i.e. Tableau or Microsoft Power BI)
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Segment
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated ability to find, cleanse, and blend data from various sources
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Creative problem solver able to to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies to analyze data and render findings
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to draw conclusions and actionable recommendations based on insights derived from analysis, while presenting results with easily understood and meaningful charts and tables
- Ability to learn quickly and utilize new tools for data exploration and analysis
- Strong project leadership, management and forward-planning
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/full-time employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.