Senior Data Engineer at Yonder
You have a passion for building technology that will define an emerging industry. You want to collaborate with people who creatively solve problems and make decisions with conviction. You thrive in an environment of continual learning, mentorship, and improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Yonder is a fast-growing Authentic Internet company on a mission to bring authenticity to the information ecosystem. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help our users figure out how ideas spread online. Our technology unlocks the hidden map of the Internet.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer with 3-5 years experience developing data pipelines, 5-10 years total experience. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the CTO.
What you’ll do: You will be an integral part of the company by serving as a lead of data engineering; ensure reliability and visibility of the processes that implement our data products; help engineers and data scientists write production quality data pipeline jobs with the least overhead possible.
Our Current Tech Stack: Our team currently uses a broad and evolving tech stack, including
- Front end: React, TypeScript
- Data pipeline & APIs: Python (Flask, Pandas, SQLAlchemy)
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Helm, CircleCI, Datadog
- Data storage: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Kafka, S3, Redis
What you have:
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity with multiple DBMSs.
- Strong skills in at least one multi-paradigm programming language.
- Data modeling knowledge and experience.
- Experience designing distributed systems with tools like Kafka, Spark, Redis, and Elastic Search.
- 3-5 years experience developing data pipelines, 5-10 years total experience.
- Experience developing features on SAAS applications, with an emphasis on simplicity.
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly social events
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!