- Drive the adoption of appropriate methodology and techniques to support analytics within WFM.
- Solve complex analytical problems.
- Develop and implement data-driven applications and advanced analytical solutions that leverage predictive analytics, data mining techniques, machine learning, open source tools, orchestration tools, Python, R, Spark etc.
- Provide thought leadership and training on advanced analytic tools, systems, techniques and methodology; own the methodology used to support analytics within WFM.
- Translate complex analytical results into clear, concise and actionable insights to all levels within the organization.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Operations, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, HR, Tech (IT), Real Estate (site development) and Investor Relations on strategic use of data and analytics; help fill gaps by solving analytical problems.
- Assess marketplace tools for fit/appropriateness in increasing the team’s analytical capabilities and/or productivity.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WFM processes to effectively understand and analyze internal and external data.
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent experience and at least 4 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field preferred
- Deep understanding of analytical tools (e.g. dunnhumby, APT, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical background
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make the results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with a strong attention to detail and commitment to consistently meeting timelines and operating from a sense of urgency
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, SAS, Spark, Java, Scala, Stata, MATLab, SPSS, Pig, etc.
- Ability to be comfortable with uncertainty: projects and assignments will change rapidly so must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as communicate and reset priorities amidst incoming ad hoc requests with short deadlines
- Positive attitude, ability to work well under pressure and provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to be comfortable in a decentralized structure where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others
- Ability to work with partners who have a range of analytical skill sets
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and large group situations involving senior leadership and other teams in the organization
- Highly skilled at communication (written, verbal and listening), relationship building, influence/negotiation and team building
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel up to 10%
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.