Senior Software Engineer- Big Data at Civitas Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (CST) on Friday, June 21, 2019
Civitas Learning is bringing together the best of new technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate each year. We are building a data platform and cloud-based applications to deliver insights and action analytics to the frontlines of education. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it all happen, and do their best work of their careers.
We are looking for dedicated engineers to be part of a talented, mission-driven team that is building powerful tools which greatly increase student success. As a Senior Big Data Engineer you will be tasked with evaluating, evolving and help design our next generation ETL pipeline and data lake. You will demonstrate a relentless pursuit of both quality and usability while maximizing application capabilities with the best mix of components and technologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Character Traits:
- Work effectively with other talented engineers in creative problem solving and design thinking including: component design, component selection, coding, and testing.
- Help to prioritize features and capabilities to realize outcomes with agility.
- Have best practices at your fingertips with a focus on business value, scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 6+ years programming experience with a focus on Java.
- 5+ years developing multi-tenant “Big Data” type platform technologies.
- Strong SQL skills covering complex queries and performance tuning.
Must have expertise in some of the following:
- Experience in streaming technologies: Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Data processing engines like Spark and/or Flink
Experience with some of the following is a huge bonus:
- Hadoop, Hive
- Spring based microservices/Spring Boot
Read Full Job Description