Senior Software Engineer - Data Services
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Data Platform team is looking for a Senior level engineer to deliver on our vision of a Data Platform that hosts our core domain services, usage analytics and machine learning. The team will build the logical data access layer to enable all Blackbaud services to store and access data while supporting all necessary compliance, security and privacy requirements via a standard set of solutions. The Data Platform team will provide multiple data access services using modern cloud solutions combined with Blackbaud’s proprietary catalog to enable Blackbaud engineers to use, model, and enrich data to bring new and revolutionary solutions to market.
The Data Platform team is looking for a Senior engineer with experience building and maintaining large scale data services including:
- Direct solution experience with message bus and Data ETL and ELT tools
- SQL/Oracle/Data warehouse and replication experience
- Experience with Cloud PaaS Data solutions
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth
- Previous experience building data access layer solutions
We will be building a common framework for engineers to store, discover, enrich, and use data across Blackbaud. The perfect engineer will thrive in ambiguity, complexity and conflicting requirements.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.