Software / Data Engineer
**ClosedLoop was recognized as one of BuiltInAustin's top startups to watch in 2019 and was recently awarded as a 50 on Fire winner from AustinInno!
Are you interested in using the latest technologies - building artificial intelligence systems, leveraging big data, and writing highly performant applications with an emphasis on user experience? If you are interested in working hard on something interesting and meaningful, ClosedLoop is looking for you.
ClosedLoop’s data science platform combines leading-edge AI tools and automation capabilities with healthcare specific content and expertise enabling healthcare data scientists to build accurate and explainable predictive models with speed and ease. Our team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with Spark at scale.
**At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment for employees**
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Mastery of Java or Python
- 1+ year experience with Spark
- Experience working with AWS/GCP technologies
- Prior experience working in DevOps environment
- Demonstrated focus on product quality including unit testing
- Experience in software development in an architect, tech lead or principal software engineer role
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Scala
- AI/ML experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
What employees are saying about ClosedLoop:
- "Exciting place to work! - Company has great vision for the role of machine learning (and AI) in healthcare. Exciting to go to work every morning!"
- "Work Hard and Feel Rewarded - The CEO and CTO have total faith in their team, and the employees ideas and opinions are highly respected and listen to. The passion for our company's mission is contagious from the executive team, which makes our high standards fair and rewarding."
- "Room to thrive"
- "Passionate People, Supportive Environment, & Strong Vision"
- Equity - You’ll be joining the company early enough for equity to really matter. And you’ll be joining a founding team with a proven track record or successful exits.
100% company covered for medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families
Other perks like Monday team lunches, fully stocked kitchen, and happy hours