The Machine Learning team at RetailMeNot work on initiatives that enable us to provide users meaningful content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build, test and iterate on Machine Learning models, learning from and leveraging datasets with millions of daily visits. We are looking for software engineers who are not afraid of learning new technologies, have an itch or have been playing around with Machine Learning, and are ready to apply it to solve real and meaningful business problems.
As part of the Machine Learning team you will work together with software engineers, data scientist and data engineers leveraging the latest technology and bringing new ideas to the table and building the world’s largest savings destination. Our teams challenge each other to have fun while connecting shoppers to the brands they love. Some of the technologies that we use today include AWS (EMR), Spark, Docker, Luigi, and Tensorflow.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have shown a track record of successful high quality delivery
- You bring a solid understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar
- You have 2+ years of application development experience
What You'll Do
- You will work together with data scientist and data engineer to deliver improved algorithms and experiences using Machine Learning.
- You will write and deliver software as a member of an Agile scrum team.
- You will work together with your Agile team to improve process and delivery through collaborative problem solving.
- You will collaborate with other teams to generate technical solutions.
- You’ll cultivate and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the cash back business and use that knowledge to cooperate with us as we build a technical and business roadmap to improve savings for our users and drive sales for our retail partners.
- You’ll share your expertise in complex web systems to improve reliability, scalability, and maintainability of a platform serving millions of customers.
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.