Job Description Summary
• As a Database Developer on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
DB Developer will focus on SQL Server Database design, development, performance optimization, and monitoring services to ensure optimal MS SQL Server performance, reliability and data integrity.
* Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment.
* Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices with database components.
* Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
* Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance.
* Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified.
* Participate in efforts to design, implement, and support enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server.
* Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
* Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials.
* Participate in SQL coding standard definition
* MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is strongly preferred.
* Minimum five years of SQL Server RDBMS designs, implementations and operations
* Minimum three years of experience writing procedures and packages.
* Experience with data model design.
* Proven track record showing the ability to influence, drive change and make sound decisions to support the business
* Be a quick learner, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership to learn and promote new technologies or ways of doing
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!