SQL Server Database Administrator, Senior or Principal
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for a talented DBA to join our team! This position requires expertise with Microsoft SQL Server services, tools, and databases running on Windows Server operating systems. If you have solid experience in automation & scripting using powershell, recovery, and troubleshooting of difficult issues, keep reading. Experience working with cloud database services from Azure or AWS as well as BI technologies and SSIS packages would be a plus
The DBA position requires the knowledge and skills to manage the operations, services, and infrastructure needed to achieve the highest service levels (e.g., 7x24 availability, performance, etc.) and consequent high customer satisfaction. You will be expected to resolve and help guide resolution of multiple complex problems in a rapidly growing organization across multiple development and support teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide guidance and support working with the 24x7 database administration team for all SQL Server production databases, services, and infrastructure, both in house and cloud resident. The team also supports development and quality testing environments as needed.
- Conduct systematic performance tuning (i.e., server, database and query performance tuning, database-related component tuning, and product-specific database request tuning).
- Assist in development, efficiency improvements and implementation of database policies and procedures for data security and integrity. Maintain environment metadata reporting frameworks and identify trends within the environment to further increase efficiency.
- Provide architectural review and recommendations for new processes, applications and products requiring database integration and/or ETL. Drive the team to provide appropriate solutions, not simple short-term fixes to escalated issues.
- Administer and maintain production and test databases ensuring high availability and recoverability standards.
- Contribute to disaster recovery and business continuity plans and exercises.
- Ensure efficiency improvements and changes to operations processes are implemented. Automate everything possible through scripting for environment-wide consistency.
- Ability to work with and assist software application development groups to provide database setup, configuration, optimization, and modification support.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years Database Administrator experience.
- Proven extensive experience with MS SQL Server and a passion to learn required.
- Proven experience in automation and scripting using Powershell and knowledge or experience with other scripting tools such as batch and T-SQL required.
- Strong decision-making skills, take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by business priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and customer service.
- Advanced analytical and creative skills and demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving and optimization of design.
- Ability to communicate information and issues clearly and succinctly with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Self-manage work and complete systems and database related projects independently, on a team, and while leading a team.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.