Sr. Data Analyst, Business Intelligence at Literati
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 17, 2019
Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
We are looking for an exceptionally thoughtful, detail-oriented, and fast executing Data Analyst. The right candidate will be passionate about working with huge datasets, and charged with solving complex business problems by looking at customer data in new and innovative ways.
You’ll partner with various teams in drawing insight from our data. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations, algorithms, and business tools for use across the Literati.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced, data-driven team and become our in-house expert on data analytics & data science. If you're passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with massive amounts of data, we’d love to talk to you.
What You'll Do...
- Develop and influence a long term BI strategy/analytics/tools roadmap and self-service reporting capabilities, and drive the implementation end-to-end
- Create and deliver metrics, reporting platforms and analytical models critical for tracking and managing the business. This will include daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue, inventory, procurement, receiving and financial reporting and planning
- Work with Marketing, Finance, Operations (and more!) to build scalable processes and metrics
- Build reports, dashboards, and other data representation models from scratch
- Looker (on top of python) for reports, data and visualizations
- Understand various teams’ objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance
- Turn business requirements into technical requirements
- Find and understand the correct data sources for a given analysis
- Learn from, and share knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization
Who You Are...
- Humble. Very Humble. Ego? Not your amigo.
- Data driven. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
- A Talented Juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- Methodical and Efficient. You consider a variety of ways to approach an issue before diving in.
- A Contributor. You like to do more than just build dashboards. You want people to use the insights you generate and enjoy educating others.
- Driven by Details. You're meticulous, thorough, and enjoy being extra-precise
- Someone who gets things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly. You’re willing to get gritty & roll up sleeves.
- A Fast learner. You can speed up the learning curve to master a new marketing channel.
- A Communicator. You have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experienced. You're still learning—as we all are—but you have proven experience as an Analyst.
- Adaptable and Self Driven. You adjust to changes with ease and are up for a challenge.
What You Need...
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, computer science, finance, statistics, or a related technical field or equivalent
- 5-7 years of Industry experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- 5+ years of SQL. Must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- 5+ years of solid Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
- The ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Sensitivity to team needs and able to develop warm client relationships
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- A proven track record of strong communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate and influence both business and technical teams
- Familiarity with Marketing Analytics KPIs a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Mixpanel, Heap, Marketo and other platforms a plus
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description