Sr. Data Analytics Manager at Sysco LABS
About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Scope of the Role:
Oversee the processes, and strategic growth of the Data Analytics team. Manage a growing team of Data Analysts/Senior Data Analysts. Drive the engagement and professional development of the team. Engage in the backlog of highly complex technical tasks required by the team, executing on complex technical duties on behalf on the team when needed.
- Own, oversee, and execute on all aspects of the data and analytics system. Manage expert-level data and analytics professionals. Function as visionary for the Analytics organization, maintaining broad and deep knowledge over Sysco Shop product initiatives.
- Utilize a combination of exploratory and descriptive analytics to inform product strategy and roadmap. Provide ad-hoc analyses that uncover root cause of recent business trends.
- Understand data infrastructure and partner with Data Engineering to deliver data model requirements to meet business demands. Create proof of concepts for Data Engineering to use as models.
- Oversee the creation of analytical collateral from team members. Troubleshoot issues and obstacles independently and act as a first level of escalation support for the team.
- Establish and implement product data standards and best practices in order to optimize the data collection, fidelity and accuracy. Participate actively in our internal data governance panel.
- Ensure optimization and validation initiatives are implemented, tracked and reviewed post-production.
- Mentor and develop team members in both their technical and professional development. Identify and coordinate team training needs.
- Shape, explore and publish data for business analysis or stakeholder initiatives using core Business Intelligence (BI) tools, understanding which tools and techniques are used based of the situation presented.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement and employee engagement evaluations with members of the team.
- Recruit, retain and develop exceptional data and analytics talent. Cultivate a positive company culture that values cross team collaboration and trust. Drive growth of the analytics organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent self-study.
- 5 years’ in management role leading a team of data and analytics professionals.
- 10 years of professional experience of hands-on visualization design and development in large-scale and complex environments.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with Tableau and Tableau server.
- Previous experience managing a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with Marketing Analytics and Google Analytics is a huge plus.
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Google Search Console, Adwords, Marin, Google DoubleClick stack, Tealium, or similar.
- Experience with Python Analytics/Viz packages.
- Experience with R-Studio.
- Experience with Data Mining tools such as RapidMiner, Opera, ProM, or similar.
- Experience with structured and semi-structured data.
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS, you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.