Sr. Software Engineer
About the Team:
The Engineering Team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers:.
- A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We help consumers find their next favorite local business or love the current one even more.
- Data-driven insights about their consumers and their business -- insights they can use to compete with big businesses and thrive.
- A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
In addition to the top notch engineering talent we have on the team, we also have the best partners -- incredible Product and Design Teams!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Main Street Hub, you will…
- Write gobs of code – we don’t know any other way to hone our craft better!
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps Local Businesses the way we do!
- Participate in the decision making progress – we want you to speak up!
- Mentor junior software engineers.
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher quality, faster, and more scalable.
- Have a direct impact on the company’s top line performance.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values.
- Passion for data and data-driven decisions.
- Expertise in large-scale data management (we use Spark, Airflow, Zeppelin, etc - all in AWS).
- Expertise with modern data architecture and data environment.
- Expertise with Relational and NoSQL databases to help teams organize their data for flexible high-quality analysis.
- Expertise in backend development (we use Java/Scala/Python).
- Experience in combining disparate data sources from sales, marketing, and social media platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with real-time reporting and BI tools is a plus.
- A solid grasp on CS fundamentals and deep appreciation for the craft of software development.
- A thirst to learn, tenacity to take on hard problems, and the courage to own your responsibilities.
- An unselfish, team-first attitude.
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter).
- Embrace and thrive in fast-paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality.
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, energized by more more more, inspired by learning and growing.
- Be able to defend yourself in Nerf gun wars that break out unexpectedly, escalate definitely, fun infinitely. If you are the instigator of said war, even better.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture
- Competitive pay and eligibility for stock options
- Unlimited time off, plus company holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match