VP of Business Intelligence at FloSports (Austin, TX)
FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
As the VP of Business Intelligence, you will be the critical stakeholder in FloSports business intelligence systems. You will work across the company to define, gather and deliver the data and insights teams need to make critical business decisions. You will be a key player in building our strategy as well as evaluating its effectiveness. You will manage a team of data engineers to build the system you architect and a team of data analysts to deliver critical data across the company.
- Own the end to end analytics and business intelligence platform at FloSports.
- Own the overall budgeting process for all aspects of business intelligence at FloSports.
- Allocate the FloSports business intelligence budget to best achieve data objectives across the entire organization.
- Manage a team of data engineers tasked with maintaining and improving the FloSports data platform.
- Manage a team of analysts/data scientists who provide analysis to all FloSports teams.
- Manage and oversee our event forecasting process.
- Own the overall Data roadmap with goals of increasing reliability, accuracy and functionality of Flo’s data.
- Be a key player in strategy development/decisions by understanding and providing actionable insights to the senior leadership team.
- Take ownership in driving a culture of data informed decision making across the organization.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week