FloSports is looking for an Art Director with a strong background in digital design to lead our internal creative team and take our brand and marketing to the next level. You will work closely with the marketing team to develop engaging campaigns that drive subscriber acquisition and build brand awareness across the entire FloSports network of 25+ sports. You have a passion for design; a background in marketing/advertising and a proven record of bringing campaigns to life across digital and offline channels. You are able to communicate your design concepts clearly and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure brand and messaging consistency. You are a self-starter with experience establishing best practices for design collaboration and managing creative development processes. You are a player/coach and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You sweat the details while challenging and inspiring the team to think beyond the status quo. You believe in the FloSports mission and inspire the team to be relentless in elevating the FloSports brand.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
- Lead a team of graphic designers applying best practices in creative development from the briefing stage to post-campaign performance review. Bring passion and energy to the team and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Develop creative concepts for seasonal and single event campaigns to drive subscriber acquisition and build brand awareness across all 25+ sports verticals. Design comprehensive assets across multiple channels including, display, social, email, landing pages, print, offline signage, and branded merchandise.
- Ensure that design concepts are strategic, on-brand, innovative, and drive the intended behaviors in our target audiences. They should maximize the company's ROI, and deliver beyond being cool or well designed.
- Manage and mentor the marketing design team by setting vision and goals and fostering career development.
- Tactically execute work as needed, rolling up your sleeves, in addition to providing overall direction and strategy for the team.
- Work cross-functionally to participate in all stages of the design process. Communicate timelines and status while ensuring the appropriate concepts, themes, and messages are represented and presented to key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in existing design assets, share ideas with key stakeholders and implement across campaigns.
- Partner with the marketing team to develop concise creative briefs with clearly-articulated value propositions, and lead brainstorm sessions designed to generate concepts that pay off each brief.
- Partner with the marketing team to establish workflows that enable designers to effectively manage their workload.
- Continually study trends and maintain design best practices.
- 5+ years in an Art Director role managing a team, either at an agency or in-house at a digital company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or a related field.
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing exceptional design and successful marketing campaigns across digital and offline channels; branded merchandise is a plus.
- Mastery of visual language and how photography, video, color, and typography work together to develop innovative designs.
- A strategic consumer mindset and a demonstrated understanding of business objectives.
- Solutions-oriented and creative in managing unexpected challenges.
- Strong people manager with proven ability to grow and mentor a team.
- Strong time management skills and pacing to deadlines, with the ability to help the team manage their workload efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to present ideas at the executive level and filter feedback with diplomacy and understanding.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac OSX platform.
- Background in sports or media is a plus.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment