Creative Director, Design at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
To be successful in this role, this leader will have expertise in creating strikingly distinctive design guidelines that flow across all brand touch points (physical retail signage and merchandising displays, traditional media-outdoor/posters, digital placements onsite, paid social).
While this leader exudes positivity and is motivated by helping others grow their skills, hands on design is your key strength and you lead by example. You’re assertive but not precious about your work. Design is communication, not decoration, and you see it as strategic problem solving. You’re a skilled presenter who confidently defends work confidently but are agile and open to other viewpoints.
This role is based in Austin TX, within the Whole Foods Market corporate offices. We are a people-first company and big egos don’t work out here. We thrive on collaboration and have a laid-back, hard-working culture that thrives on having self-responsibility and earning trust. This is an opportunity to define the next great grocery brand, and your passion for creative excellence should inspire those around you.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of creatives and marketing team members from both Whole Foods Market and Amazon
- Envision and co-create the Amazon Fresh brand style guide across all in-store and digital channels
- Oversee Design team and manage design executions for effectiveness, flexibility and consistency
- Work with Design and Art Direction teams to create in-store and digital campaigns
- Present work to Whole Foods Market and Amazon leadership
- Mentor and lead creative teams to create the best work of their careers
- Work with CDs in Design, Copy and Packaging to ensure campaign consistency and that design is optimally executed for each channel
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (familiarity with Google Sketch and Figma)
- Agility and adaptability in learning new tools and design platforms
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities
- Proven ability to operate among ambiguity and fast-changing business goals
- Proven ability to build cross-functional partnerships and inspire collaboration and action
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities
- 6+ years of ad/design agency or in-house brand experience
- 2+years leadership experience
- Expertise in visual design, branding and physical retail design
- Experience managing the creative development process along with mentoring, supervisory and team-building skills
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction across in-store retail, interactive content, photography and video production
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.