Creative Services Manager, Learning Experience at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a passionate creative services manager to lead our team’s mission to create engaging, effective, and contemporary online courses. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and support a team of designers creating educational media across a range of course categories.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a lively crew of instructional designers, writers, graphic designers, video producers, and a data analyst with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of graphic and motion designers creating visual educational content across a range of course categories
- Provide considered conceptual, stylistic, and technical feedback and ensure resources and project plans are distributed across workflows and products
- Prototype and develop rich-media educational content formats appropriate for web and mobile delivery in support of strong student pass rates, engagement, consumption and NPS scores
- Drive efforts to diversify media types and treatments in support of increasingly effective learning outcomes, higher NPS scores and greater course engagement and consumption
- Lead alignment on standards for the use of content treatments, tools, and stylization
- Work cross-functionally to provide thought leadership on how text, image, and moving image support one another in an online learning platform and connect theory and practice, translating the ‘why and how’ of instructional design into application
- Design tests to generate data to inform creative decisions
- Seek scalable tools and workflows where possible
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4-year design degree, or a related field with equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience designing and/or directing illustrations, motion graphics, and data visualization
- 2+ years of experience managing designer and rich media content creators
- Working knowledge of the 3rd party resources and tools to support production
- Experience creating content at scale in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding collaboration and organization skills, including the ability to develop workflows
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges, and achieving outsized results
- Technical proficiency in the full Adobe suite
- Experience in building workstreams, developing standards, and growing a team a major plus
- A working understanding of instructional design best practices, including backwards design
- Experience with digital asset management tools, animation tools (Vyond) and Canva
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.