Location: San Francisco, CA, United States, Seattle, WA or Remote in USA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Design Strategist to lead the blue sky efforts in multiple product arcs ranging from infectious disease to pediatrics. In this role you will lead a cross-functional team to build disruptive products and concepts that will change the lives of patients and physicians. You will deliver simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users. You will be the voice of user-centered design principles, best practices, trends, and emerging technologies. You have a strong voice and can lead a team to deep insights. You are collaborative, results-oriented, and an excellent communicator and storyteller. You skillfully balance the design perspective with business needs and technology efforts. You will help grow the practice of Design Thinking at Invitae.
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.What You’ll Do:
- Guide the design process from framing the problem, synthesizing insights and ideating creative solutions. You will lead prototyping and lo-fi testing before helping to develop a roadmap for success.
- Collaborate with partners to create intuitive and engaging experiences across multiple projects simultaneously, start to finish
- Translate insights and strategy into concept prototypes to communicate your vision
- Engage in portfolio prioritization to help set the strategy and roadmap for the team
- Manage through shifting priorities to provide clear direction and input on product definition
- Advocate for the customer through human-centered design methods
- Work with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embrace and advocate for an experience mentality - always prioritizing the patient first
- Demonstrate fluency of design strategy tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization utilizing qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Practice and help evolve the team’s strategy techniques and toolset to work effectively in cross-team collaboration
- Conducting exercises at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand customer needs and define opportunities such as usability studies, card sorting, field studies, cognitive walk-throughs, contextual inquiry, participatory design.
- Leading designers and non-designers on project teams to understand and apply design by framing problems, defining insights, and crafting new methodologies/practices to serve customer needs
- Facilitating synthesis and knowledge mapping sessions
- Distilling findings into clearly articulated and actionable insights for stakeholders by clearly articulating strategies
- Knowledge management and decimation of insights, and creating standards for how strategy is done, shared, templatized and managed
- Planning and facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders to align with business needs
- Presenting and communicating research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Must be able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types
- At least 5 years of experience in a design strategy role, with at least 3 years of leading design strategy projects.
- Preferred: Experience designing an end-to-end associate experience by applying design methods
- Preferred: Ability to develop presentations and present findings to leadership
- Preferred:Ability to anticipate future needs/opportunities for the business, from talent and culture perspective
- Preferred: Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
- Preferred: Experience working in a cross-functional team and leading design thinking remotely using Miro and other tools
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.