Director of Product Design
We're looking for a passionate and seasoned product design leader to join our fast-growing team as we design and improve upon our "Smart Social" Platform. You should have a start-up mentality, be comfortable taking smart risks, solve important problems, and be able to adapt and iterate quickly with your product team. We are looking for a top-notch design leader who is passionate about social, understands enterprise software and is ready to roll up their sleeves to lead our Product Design team to innovate and design best in class solutions.
As Director of Product Design you will be responsible for leading teams in creating new consumer facing social experiences and enterprise social management applications. You are a software designer at heart, who appreciates that designing software is about designing for the optimal user experience, which starts with a strong foundation of understanding customer needs and user behavior. You are a good mentor, capable of leading and collaborating with others to arrive at best in class solutions. You excel at collaboration and mentorship to lead designers in the creation of intuitive workflows, thoughtful interactions and beautiful user interfaces.
- As Director of Product Design, you will work closely with our VP of Product Design to drive the product vision of the Spredfast Platform.
- You will be an advocate for the user and for design. In collaboration with designers you will work to identify research opportunities and facilitate user research processes, educating designers on best practices in the process.You will work closely with our Product Management & Engineering leaders to help ensure our teams are delivering quality work.
- You will be a creative coach, mentor and collaborator with other designers. You will provide creative direction across multiple product areas, ensuring consistency across the Spredfast platform.
- You will work with the broader Product Design team to ensure proper use of already designed and implemented components of the user experience. You will review proposed extensions to the design language and workflow patterns on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Design / related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Expert individual contributor with 9+ years experience designing web-based software experiences
- Strong leadership skills and a minimum of 2-5 years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to both lead and mentor others to do the best design of their lives
- Experience working with Marketing and Business Teams on product releases
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Experience leading and conducting user research (i.e. contextual inquiries; usability testing)
- Produce user requirements and insights documentation (i.e. personas and user scenarios)
- Ability to create storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of your process
- Strong visual design skills to further establish the overall design direction for our products
- Deep knowledge in front-end web technologies
- Ability and desire to clearly communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Team player – you consistently demonstrate respect for others and enjoy collaboration
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Mobile and responsive design experience
Nice to Haves:
- Hands on experience with front-end web technologies
- Design for Social Media Management software
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.