Director of Product Design
You have a passion for story-telling and the drive to help define an emerging industry. You're looking to challenge the status quo with inventive and compelling user experience, and shape how design is practiced at a high-growth, product-first company. You want to collaborate with people who creatively solve problems and make decisions with conviction. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Yonder is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to bring authenticity to the Internet. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help brands identify the groups that drive online conversations. Our technology unlocks the hidden map of the Internet.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Design who can articulate our ambitious product vision for our team, our prospects, and our customers. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to our CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Design the product experience that communicates our vision and delights our customers
- Develop a design system and interaction framework for our product that's inspired by our brand principles
- Evaluate our current design and set direction for the future
- Define our design function’s strategic goals and priorities
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure product goals are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Communicate the value of design thinking and a customer-first approach to strategy across all areas of the business
- Establish metrics and measurable goals to ensure visibility into design’s impact on business
- Partner closely with leaders in engineering, product, sales, marketing and others to constantly improve on communication and efficiency practices
What you have:
- 5-7 years of experience with user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, and other relevant product design disciplines
- Experience designing consumer-grade B2B SaaS software
- Experience with consumer application design a plus
- Experience developing product strategy and communicating design vision to executive stakeholders
- Experience developing new products, specifically in a startup or agency environment
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly social events
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!