Experience Creative Director at Accomplice
Accomplice is a strategic experience design agency creating brand stories for our clients across various touchpoints. Our multi-disciplined teams create holistic journeys that transform vision into brand experiences — from digital experiences to physical spaces. We are strategist, craftsmen, designers, and developers dedicated to elevating brand stories.
About The Position
The Creative Director plays a critical role in concepting and designing the brand story for our clients across all touchpoints and mediums. From digital platforms to physical spaces they will lead the creation of immersive and engaging experiences that will delight users and elevate client brands. We are looking for an experienced creative visionary and leader that is adept at concepting and designing end to end creative executions focused on content, user experience design, visual design, motion design, creative technology as well as physical / experiential executions.
This role will report to the Chief Design Officer and will be a part of the Leadership team at Accomplice providing oversight to the creative team through direct management, mentoring, coaching and career development. They will be a cultivator of culture and strong advocate for the Accomplice brand in the Austin market (and beyond) focused on networking, recruiting and freelancer relations.
As a trusted partner, the Creative Director will cultivate, foster and develop consultative relationships with Accomplice clients. These relationships will allow them to present and effectively sell concepts and ideas to clients. Ideas and concepts that meet and exceed client expectations, fulfill business goals and achieve the objectives for engagements. They will also focus on deepening Accomplice’s relationship with clients through organic growth, bringing strategic ideas and upleveling our work.
- Lead creative direction of all agency projects
- Supervise and inspire project team members
- Represent creative team to agency clients and serve as trusted advisor to senior level stakeholders
- Understanding evolving best practices within our multiple disciplines and medium
- Manage workflow and productivity in accordance with product schedules, budgets, and creative goals
- Work with operations and deliver teams to manage utilization and workload of creative team members
- Develop a critical understanding of client’s business to understand their business objectives, competitive space and vision
- Create meaningful relationships with clients and advocate for them within the project team
- Responsible for the overall success and creative integrity within client engagements
- Handle all day-to-day creative reviews and design critiques
- Responsible for the integrity of all designs ensuring our work is relevant, current, competitive and is of the highest quality
- Manage and lead creative team made up of visual, experiential and user experience designers, and content strategists
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Architecture, Experiential Design or related discipline
- Ability to aggressively consult and manage clients to produce the best experience possible
- 8 to 10 years of design experience
- 5 years of design leadership experience
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong client services and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail is a must
Candidate sponsorship is not provided. Candidate must provide proof of current eligibility to work in the United States.