CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications.
We are looking for an Industrial Designer/Creative Lead to join our team. We are seeking a candidate that can work across the company to achieve a design that is driven by a function that helps us reach our business branding goals. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have talent and a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on, highly technical professional, who exhibits exceptional artistic ability, visual aptitude, mechanical skills, and creative problem-solving. This person will be responsible for CesiumAstro’s design language and for curating the look and feel of the projects falling under Industrial, Web, Graphic, Interaction, and User Experience in accordance with the Cesium brand. This individual will work closely with our Executive, Marketing, Communications, and Engineering teams advocating for integrity of design on all our products, media, and collateral.
- Excellent command of visual communication that inspires and engages the audience.
- Fluent in 3D modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Fluent in responsive web design on the Webflow platform.
- Skilled in dynamic, photorealistic renderings and animation (Keyshot, Octane, Redshift, or similar)
- Proficient in 2D design, graphics, and Adobe Suite
- Accomplished working on proposals, pitch decks, photorealistic renderings, graphics and website creation, design, and preservation.
- Develop remarkable renderings, tackle design challenges, utilize problem-solving, and demonstrate visual communication skills.
- 5+ years working as an Industrial Designer, or in a related field.
- Experience working in a company that produces a physical product is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Experience Design, or related field.
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams in professional settings.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes then clearly communicate and implement them.
- Strong verbal and visual communications skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and proficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.