Instructional Designer at Keller Williams Realty International
What you’ll be called: Instructional Designer
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
What you’ll do:
The Keller Williams University (KWU) curriculum is a digital experience that’s physically enhanced—providing Keller Williams agents and leadership a step-by-step roadmap to success at a very high level. All courses are fully aligned with company systems, tools, technology and initiatives. The results from the activities and experiences in these courses positively affect the growth, productivity, profitability and culture of the learners and the company.
As our Instructional Designer, you will work individually and collaboratively to build innovative learning experiences (livestream, webinars, e-learning modules and online courses) that empower our agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods (ADDIE, SAM) to create learning solutions that are engaging, activity-based and results-oriented.
- Design and develop solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g., livestream courses, facilitator-led workshops, webinars, interactive modules, videos, online courses, quick reference guides, job aids, video, performance support walkthroughs, etc.).
- Partner with team to define scope of learning experience, including objectives, subject matter experts, project team, stakeholders, timeline and projected outcomes.
- Identify research sources (people, other courses, websites, articles, statistics, etc.).
- Conduct focus groups.
- Implement mechanisms to track the results of learning experiences. Review and iterate learning experiences based on feedback and results to improve performance outcomes.
- Create content that is compliant with SCORM and/or other standards.
- Partner cross-departmentally to finalize learning solutions, including technology, marketing, communications, graphics, layout, videos, audio, copy editing, printing, production, web updates, legal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in developing online and instructor-led solutions.
- Proven ability to create engaging online and in-person learning experiences that produce measurable outcomes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Adobe Captivate.
- Experience with virtual collaboration software such as GoToWebinar, Skype or Google Hangouts.
- Superior writing, organizational and business communication skills.
- Experience with one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation.
- Real estate knowledge.
- Ability to build partnerships with internal and external resources.
- If required, flexibility to work non-standard hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.