Lead Product Designer at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US Citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateLead Product Designer Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Lead Product Designer, comes in.About this role
This job is all about owning the design process from beginning to end, leading user-centric prototyping with a clear strategy for action. In this role, you’ll combine product thinking with design execution to produce modern and intuitive experiences. If you walk through life constantly thinking about visual hierarchy and how what you see impacts what you do, you’re our kind of nerd!On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Working alongside our engineering and product management teams to improve user experience for our Sumo-lings (our pet name for our awesome customers)
- Crafting new features, flows, and products from the ground up for our ecommerce platform
- Conducting user research, designing information architecture, and designs
- Collaborating with the content, sales, and marketing teams to understand the top priorities and design creative solutions we’re all excited about
This is a key role that requires strong visual design, technical UX skills matched with out of the box thinking, attention to detail, organization, and leadership. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 10+ years in product design, specifically geared towards web applications, ecommerce products, and/or SaaS
- Experience with Figma and working/building design systems
- Experience managing and hiring a design team
- Deep understanding and familiarity with the ecommerce funnel
- A user-centric attitude with a passion for innovative design-thinking
- Hyper attention to detail
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s our ideal person:
- You’re inventive and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > PowerPoint's
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s Bar Mitzvah
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and we have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.