Austin, TX or Remote (anywhere in US)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer with a user-centered focus to help lead and grow Invitae’s product design practice. In this role you will work with a talented group of designers as well as product, engineering, and marketing partners to deliver inspiring experiences to our customers. You bring expertise in user-centered design principles, best practices, trends, and emerging technologies. You have a clear design sensibility and a solid track record of launching digital products. You are collaborative, results-oriented, and an excellent communicator that can influence product strategy and be an advocate for design and customers. As part of the Product Design Team you will work together to help grow the design function at Invitae to the next level.
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
What you will do:
- Help lead products through great design and customer-centric design thinking, employing a user-centered design mindset to advocate for the user throughout the design process
- Work with stakeholders, strategists, researchers and other designers to translate early stage storyboards, wireframes and requirements into world-class products
- Provide strong design leadership and guidance to ensure quality, consistency and usability of our products
- Lead by example with very strong design craft and ability communicate design decisions to multiple audiences
- Support a team of product designers through mentorship and coaching
- Help manage and grow our design systems
- Work closely with engineers to ensure products are implemented consistently and with a high degree of fit and finish
What you bring:
- BA degree in Design or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience designing digital products from concept to deployment
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams and/or digital products
- Strong background in User Experience (UX) or User-Centered Design (UCD)
- Strong background in User Interface (UI) or Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Highly skilled with design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience building and growing Design Systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.