FloSports is disrupting the industry by breaking down the traditional broadcast model by streaming live and on-demand sports directly to consumers. We’re an inspired team of dreamers, explorers, and problem solvers driven to see underserved sports finally get the love they deserve. We ignite underserved sports communities by delivering live events, exclusive content, results, rankings, and more.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the Engagement pod on the Product team. Are you a full-stack product designer that can drive projects independently and solve complicated problems that can increase customer engagement? Do you possess detailed visual design skills and think about design as a system? Do you have an evolved understanding of how people consume digital sports content? Do you have a strong mix of responsive web and native app design experience? Can you easily adapt to new technologies and an ever-evolving toolkit? If so, we want you to join our Product Design team!
You will work closely with the VP of Design, product managers, product designers, engineers, and data analysts to solve challenges to real business problems while being an advocate for our customers. You will also play a key role in creating and evolving a global design language for websites, native apps, TV apps, and our live streaming experience.
- Develop intuitive and engaging experiences that drive customer engagement across our websites, mobile web, and live streaming experience
- Execute design solutions based on feature requirements and technological constraints with clarity and precision
- Defines and documents new patterns and ensures a consistent and intuitive experience across all features and products
- Contribute to feature requirements while owning user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, documentation, and prototypes
- Collaborate with product managers to organize and facilitate user-testing for new features
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and other cross-departmental stakeholders
- Present and articulate design decisions to product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders with high-level detail
- Understand how the entire organization operates and gain perspective on how design can solve business challenges
- Be a strategic, forward thinking product designer that can explore a range of design solutions while identifying a path from MVP forward
- Stay up to speed on the latest industry trends, tools, patterns, technologies, and sports-based media products
- 1-3 years of product design experience
- Ability to manage time independently while meeting deadlines on multiple projects
- Demonstrates proficiency with information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Demonstrates an understanding of the end-to-end design process
- Proficiency in Sketch, Marvel, Zeplin, and other relevant design tools
- Shares work early and often and proactively seeks out opportunities to gather constructive feedback from other designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
- Understands where research fits in the design process and is eager to learn how to use research to design a successful feature
- Communicates clearly with product managers and engineers and is empathetic to their ideas and concerns
- Possesses strong grammar and writing skills and communicates ideas with clarity
- Participates in formal and informal design reviews while proactively seeking out mentorship from more senior team members
- Assumes a design leadership role on their pod while collaborating closely with the product and engineering leads to accurately scope new ideas and features
- Be a team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing high-growth environment
- Prototyping experience – Origami, Principle, Webflow etc.
- Experience in creating and managing online design libraries
- Familiarity with responsive design tactics
- You love sports and consume them on digital products
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a link to an online portfolio. Applicants that do not submit work samples will not be considered.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment