Product Designer at A Cloud Guru
IDEATE | INNOVATE | ITERATE
We're hiring a Product Designer to help build the future of online technical skill development. You'll join our growing US based team where you will work cross functionally to design and deliver cloud training content to our customers. Designers play a vital role at A Cloud Guru. We think deeply, regularly collaborate, listen well, and can sling a good pun. If you love building great products, working with fun people, and solving real problems for passionate users, send us a friendly "howdy," with links to your work and experience.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach.What makes the Product & Technology team awesome...
Learning to cloud means unlocking a world of possibilities for our students. Using the latest tech, we design the tools to teach people cloud faster and better. The team is talented (and a little quirky), and we’re all in it together.
- Cutting-edge tech We’ve built a cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL, ReactJS,
- Founded by engineers Having a CEO who’s also an engineer is nice — he knows the effort it takes to make things awesome.
- We don’t bite We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
- Hungry and humble We’re dedicated to learning all the things to create the best product possible.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)As a Product Designer at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to identify and deliver key product experiences, whilst balancing continuous improvement of existing products
- Ideate, hypothesize and rapidly test solutions to validate customer understanding
- Produce prototypes, wireframes and hi-fidelity designs to communicate and discuss concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Take complex product processes and interactions and transform them into streamlined and intuitive experiences
- Represent design and the voice of the customer in the product team
- Clearly articulate designs with appropriate context clearly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Design to incorporate brand in every part of the product experience, to ensure an enjoyable and consistent learning experience
- Contribute to weekly rituals; stand-ups, sprint planning, retros
- Collaborate with the Product Design team to contribute to improving systems of work such as Design Crits, Design Systems or Research practices & processes
- Think holistically about Product at ACG - how content and product fit together to provide a world class learning experience for our customers
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years experience in software Product Design
- Experience creating intuitive, inclusive and beautifully designed products.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Framer, and Principle
- Experience interpreting and utilizing customer data to influence design outcomes
- Demonstrable experience prioritizing work, making trade offs, and ensuring goals are aligned with the product and business
- Strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills, synchronously and asynchronously
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
If you’re not sure if your US state is included, please still apply! We will let you know if you are in a state that we currently don’t have operations. If anything changes we will reach back out.What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.